Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blagging it



Today was another day of job hunting around Los Angeles. This week has been spent mostly finding an area I like, parking and walking around giving my CV (or resume) to anyone who'll have it. It has been a pleasure to find most people friendly and welcoming in this respect and I'm thinking that playing the sheer numbers game will probably be enough to get me something eventually (coincidentally also my strategy for pulling birds).

However, being that this week I'm going for restaurant jobs and I have little to no experience in that realm (in this country at least) I have swiftly learned to adapt to the art of blagging my arse off. So far I have found humor is usually the best form of situation diffuser.

So I was filling out this application for a really cool, semi-English themed bar on Melrose when I came to the "Food and Beverage Knowledge" section. Suddenly for the life of me I couldn't remember names of scotch or whether food should be served over the right shoulder and taken away over the left or vice versa or I don't know what! Anyway, there was a section on wines and which foods go with them. I came to "Chianti" and, I'm proud to say, wrote "Red. Liver. Fava Beans". Get it?

I really do hope to god that one worked! Surely they will see the genius of my sly movie reference and think I am brilliant and hire me at once? I tell you, I have seldom been so proud of a joke!

Also, stopped in to BHP tonight to figure out my return, which will be happening Monday. Thus I can get back to the craft of acting and actually enjoy it again. I have to say it felt rather lovely going back and getting what the urban folk refer to as "mad love" from everyone there.

Oh and I also solved the 2Pac murder case. All in a day's work.

Interview with Compton PD


Peace.

2 comments:

Beth said...

a restaurant on melrose? is that where you let me get my amazing 'cough' tattoo? yeah thanks for that

John Byford said...

Yes B. I walked right past the scene of the crime. Made me smile!