Monday, June 21, 2010

Heroes to Humanity: #5 - John Williams

When searching for people who have undeniably shaped my formative years, look no further than the mighty John Williams. This man not only single-handedly provided the soundtrack for the first 10-15 years of my life, but was also the same man who ignited the love I have for films today.
Usually, my opinion on composers is "What is he doing though really? He's just waving his hands around like a nonce. Anyone can do that!"...or something equally belligerent. However, just looking at the man's track-record is proof that they must do something. Star Wars, E.T., Indiana Jones, Superman, Jurassic Park....the list of truly memorable theme songs go on and on and on.

However, thanks to Mr. Williams, whenever I am in the ocean and I go out to that point where my feet can no longer reach the bottom, I will always, until the day I die, hear this in my head:



Well played sir...well played.

No comments: