Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thundersticks

So after much deliberation last night, I decided against auditioning for "Last Comic Standing". The more I thought about it, and the more I watched clips of it, the more I realised how much I despise this new Talent Show garbage which unfortunately passes as 'entertainment' nowadays. That particular competition is basically American Idol for comedians and I f*@king HATE American Idol!

I was helped in my decision by watching this fascinating interview with two of my favourite people in life, Larry David and Ricky Gervais (ignoring "The Invention of Lying"). There's a really interesting bit where they talk about getting "the right kind of laugh". I could not have agreed more and, thankfully, that sealed the deal. I'd rather make it on my own terms or not at all, thank you very much.

Ricky Gervais Meets Larry David

So instead I have spent my morning writing and reading "Dreams Into Action" which as a self-help guide, is a wonderful read.

And now, as I write this, thunder and lightning are making quite a racket outside my window...luckily I happened to stumble upon a series of videos from LaBlogotheque which capture the mood perfectly. They feature several intimate performances from Bon Iver in Paris. This one was my favourite. What I wouldn't give to be in that apartment:



Have a good one.

JB

No comments: