Sunday, June 26, 2011

Glastonbury 2011

Even as I write this, the greatest festival in the world is taking place in a massive muddy field in the west country of Somerset. I thought I had it bad last year, but this year my glastonbury depression has reached new levels. Radiohead playing another secret show at the Park Stage, Mumford & Sons playing one in a tent (after rocking the living shite out of The Other Stage), Pulp playing a surprise gig...the list of things I've read about with extreme envy just grows larger and larger. I could even appreciate that U2 would have been good to see, despite Bono being an absolute prize bellend.

However, I stupidly watched Coldplay's headlining set last night and, simply put, it was one of the best performances I've ever seen...and I wasn't even there. Knowing the atmosphere around that Pyramid Stage, I can guarantee however that everyone who was there had one of those moments you'll never forget:



And there's still a day left...faaaaaaaack.

No comments: