Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And The Spurs Go Marching On

Penalty courtesy of Mr. Myagi

Today I could not be happier. For those who don't know, today Tottenham Hotspur FC, aka Spurs, aka the bane of my existence for the last 29 years, polished off Young Boys (which isn't a euphemism) 4-0 to qualify for the Champions League group stages for the first time since 1961. Nineteen. Sixty. One!

The letdowns from the past are all forgiven, all those hours I've spent freezing my bollocks off in the rain watching us get dominated, all the jibes I've had to put up with from Arsenal supporters, all those letdowns, all those disappointments, all the Ruel Fox's, Andy Sinton's and Ramon Vega's...they're all worth it just for feelings like today. Bravo boys, I'm proud of you all.

To Peter Crouch...you are a lanky legend sir.

Fingers crossed for Real Madrid in the draw tomorrow.


"GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR"



Peace,

John.

No comments: