Monday, August 1, 2011

Viva Mexico!

So the past week has been spent south of the border. Had an absolutely fantastic time, met a large amount of beautiful people, and realised quite quickly that I haven't been on a holiday (other than traveling between England and California) for seven and a half years! My love for traveling has officially been reignited and I'm already scoping out the next trip.

My desire to learn Spanish has also been piqued once again. Surrounded by people who could speak the native tongue, while I sat there blurting out "Dos. Cervecas. POR. Fayvor.", was an embarrassment. By the end of the year I plan to have at least a basic knowledge. We'll see how that goes.

All in all an extremely fun time and above all a much needed time. The past year has been a weird one, and as I laid, star-fished out, in the ocean I suddenly realised how mad, bad and beautiful it's all been. Probably helped that I had drank my weight in Tequila the night before...one always gets reflective in such instances.

So now it's back to reality, which is still a bit of a fantasy really, and I feel like spanking some arse (metaphorically speaking) more than ever.

And here's one of the most beautiful songs ever for your enjoyment:

Bob Dylan - "A Simple Twist of Fate" (couldn't find an 'embedable' version)

Peace and Love,

Juanito.

P.S. - Hello Adam!

1 comment:

Amanda Blair said...

This post made me miss you! I need to come visit and have you show me around LA.

Your Spanish skills remind me of my own because when I was last in Mexico, all I could say in Spanish were pants, please, thank you, your welcome and beer. That is also all I said the whole trip...so yeah.