Thursday, December 16, 2010

Away We Go

Season's greetings and all that jazz. I bring well wishes to all at this oh-so-merry time of year. The reason for my well wishes are because things have been going very well of late for yours truly. I now have an agent, which is exciting. Of course, I understand that getting an agent is really just the beginning of the battle but it is a beginning nonetheless. The quest marches on.

Also, I was delighted to find out that the diabolical sound issues I am having with my short can be fixed and will not require a re-shoot. This news alone was enough to make me want to sing like a mockingbird (albeit a flabby, pasty English one) from the hills of Griffith Park. Thus all I have to do now is re-shoot a few inserts, get the sound fixed and we're away. Well, then I suppose there's the small matter of building a promotional web-site, starting a production company, getting it on imdb and submitting it to festivals around the globe in the vain hope that someone will realise my quite obvious genius and make me rich beyond my wildest dreams....but, you get the point. I'm getting there.

Speaking of genius, I had the pleasure, which might be the wrong word, of watching "127 Hours" last night. If you haven't already, go and see it as it is fantastic. A little bit cheesy in parts but James Franco's quite brilliant performance more than makes up for it. In my humble opinion he should definitely get an Academy Award nomination...to him I offer a slow, gentlemanly golf clap. Bravo sir, bravo.

Another cultural reference that caught my eye was Mr. David Cross. Better known as Tobias from "Arrested Development", Cross is one of the few stand-ups I have seen of late that really got me in what I like to call 'the no shame zone" - wherein someone or something makes you laugh in such a way that all dignity is immediately abandoned.

I am determined to try this one day:


Here's hoping Father Christmas brings me a new TV so I don't have to rely on youtube for audiovisual sustinence.

Big up!

JB.

No comments: